Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Inspiration

I get a ton of inspiration for outfits from other bloggers, which is part of the fun of following blogs and finding people with different, or even similar style to your own.

This outfit was totally inspired by Sonia of Anomalous Allure's post "Pretty in Paisley." I had never thought of tucking a scarf into a belt, but it's totally genius. Especially for someone who wants to accentuate their waist... such as yours truly. So here's my take, without much deviation to be honest, inspired by Sonia's blog post.

Jeans: Ross
Black Long Sleeve Shirt: Random Discount Clothing Store in Turlock, Ca
Bird Scarf: H&M
Brown Braided Belt: Target
Cognac Boots: Target
Gold Stud Earrings: H&M


Close-Ups:


I looove this scarf. Its very sheer and feminine. Plus, I love anything with birds.




I've been really into setting my nails off by painting my ring finger a different color. I'm usually pretty conservative with my color choices (ie no alternating pink and purple or teal), and I've really been digging pairing Rimmel's Steele Gray with black (Wet n Wild Black pictured here).



I like a wide braided belt, and it's really versatile as far as being able to dress it up or down.


Ohhh... and by the way Nina Ricci is now sold at Target. Which is exciting, since I've found it to be hard to track down at times. Definitely worth a sniff if you've never tried it. Jude introduced me to it, and that girl's got a nose that never fails. She always has the best smelling perfume.





I've been growing my hair out, and I recently went a little richer brown than my natural color. I've been keeping the bangs shaggy though... as an ode to my absolute style love Zooey Dechanel. Le sigh.


Thanks for reading!

Beijos!






1 comment:

  1. Holy Shit! Your hair is so long and you look so skinny! I haven't seen your hair that long since before England! I looks great! I really love the layers it totally works.

    And really love the bird scarf. Totally cute and feminine looking! It looks like it is cold there. I miss the cold. Here 'cold' means I have to wear pants with my flip flops! Hahahah

    Conclusion: Hot! Want more :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive